How To Accept Your Past, Live In The Moment And Look Into The Future!
Our past does not define who we are, but it will always be part of us. You may be reading this because you are having a difficult time letting go of your past. Before you can start living in the moment, you must accept and let go of living in the past. You deserve to have a beautiful life and being stuck in your past will not allow you to do this. I know how it feels to be stuck in the past. It’s not a good feeling and if I didn’t make this change, I would still be stuck today. I had to accept what I experienced, enjoy my life and look ahead. Being able to accept and move from your past, may be a combination of seeking therapy and investing in your own personal development. You will experience an inner sense of confidence to continue to look forward and live your life to its fullest. I’ve gone through the transformational process of moving forward and I want the same for you.
WISDOM ON HOW TO ACCEPT YOUR PAST, LIVE IN THE MOMENT, AND LOOK INTO THE FUTURE
Find a quite place to sit while you reflect and write down your answers to these questions:
- What are you still holding onto from your past?
- What specifically is haunting you from your past?
- Why are you allowing yourself to live in the past?
- What has this done for you in your life?
- What is your past giving you in your present situation? (Pain, discomfort, lack of trust?)
- What are the current challenges that you are facing because of your past?
Accept your past
- Accept what you’ve been through and the challenges you have faced
- Since it’s the past, you can’t do anything about it
- Forgive yourself if you feel guilty. Accept the mistakes you have made
- Before you can ever live in the present and look into the future, you will need to accept your past
Believe that what you experienced in your past will only make you stronger
- Know that all you have experienced has made you a better person
- Your past has helped you in every aspect of your life. You may not see it yet. I believe and know in my hear that you are a stronger person because of what you have experienced!
- No matter where you’ve come from, try to have a positive perspective. It’s all about your perspective and how you look at it
- The challenges that you have faced will only make you STRONGER, WISER and SMARTER.
- Believe that you deserve more!
Live in the present
- What do you APPRECIATE, ADMIRE and VALUE in your current situation?
- When we have our heads in the sand thinking about the past, we tend to forget about the present
- We take a lot for granted because we are so focused on our past
- Focus on what is good in your life
- What are the simple pleasures in your life that you MOST enjoy? (Drinking coffee, going to the park with your spouse, cooking a lovely dinner for your family) Focus on the small simple details in your life. This will start the transformation within
- Never take a moment for granted. You never know when it will be your last
You only live life once
- If you continue to live in the past, you will be stuck in the past
- No matter what situation you currently are in, have a positive perspective. How can you possibly focus on the good when your mind is wrapped around your past?
- With such a busy schedule, we forget that we only live life once. Why not live to your fullest?
- Your mind can either think positively or negatively. You can’t be thinking both positive and negative thoughts at the same time. CHOOSE TO THINK POSITIVELY!
- You DESERVE to have a FULFILLING and REWARDING life
Look into the future
- What do you envision yourself doing 5-10 years from now?
- Who do you see yourself being?
- What do you stand for?
- What do you believe in?
- How do you want to CONTRIBUTE to this world?
- What will be your LEGACY?
Life is about living in alignment with your deepest values and beliefs. It’s about loving those who are close and contributing in a way that is meaningful to you!